Re: [LUG] Rsync/SCP over WebDAV?

On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 05:13:44PM +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
> I think the comment that sitecopy wasn't quite right sounds correct.

It works, mostly, though it tries to be cleverer than rsync and just
ends up getting confused. If I reset the database every so often it
manages to get everything in the right place eventually...

> Hmm the davfs2 FAQ has some interesting comments on IIS -- let us hope
> they aren't using this.

To the best of my knowledge, yes they are. I was trying to avoid davfs
since I couldn't find a FreeBSD version/equivalent, and I'd prefer
something that works on both BSD and Debian.

>  Simon, who though Ben tunnelled ssh over any open ports he could find.

I do, when I can. Now I just need to persuade the University that I need
SSH access to their fileservers. I'm wondering how long it'll take them
to stop laughing at the suggestion...

    Ben