[LUG] Yahoo! smtp auth

Hmm,

okay looked like it worked today for me.

Done differently;

1) Switch to using POP3 in the Yahoo! settings.

I rashly assumed that this was for collecting email, but it applies to
sending it as well.

2) Had to use my Yahoo email address as the sender (not unreasonable
restriction, but not shared by Google).

I assume the sent mail will eventually arrive, it ain't yet.

Urm generally I think Google made it easier all round, and what I'd use
with Postfix if I had to, but that probably explains why we get more
spam from Gmail than Yahoo, despite the huge long established userbase
of people who allegedly use Yahoo! mail (if you believe those shady
webstats).

 Simon