Re: [LUG] Free PC's and CRT Screens

Rob Beard wrote:
> Quoting Simon Avery <flash@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>>> Just a thought to add to this if we could use them for the LUG.
>>>
>> Just contacted Richard and the spec of the PC's is P166.
>>
>> --
>> Simon Avery
>>

> Pretty low spec then.  Would most probably run as LTSP clients though
> won't they?
>
> Rob

Probably, depending on the ram,  we could perhaps switch the ram around
so they have the max possible,  ok that may mean a pile of
motherboards,  but these can act as spares, in case a unit fails,.   I
think these had 72 pin ram, (iirc),  so best to fill the ram slots as
best as possible,

any idea how much ram they have.

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Events
18th October 2007 - Ubuntu 7.10 release date
20th October 2007 - Lug clustering meeting.
25th October 2007 - Meeting Paignton
28th October - Penzance Computers meet
11th November. Penzance Computers meet

details on lug site, www.dcglug.org.uk under meetings.

visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug