[LUG] [Fwd: Re: [thePILOTS-dev] ingots list] - COURSES

Looks like this is what we are looking for,  in terms of courses.

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Events
18th October 2007 - Ubuntu 7.10 release date
20th October 2007 - Lug clustering meeting. 25th October 2007 - Meeting Paignton
28th October - Penzance Computers meet
11th November. Penzance Computers meet

details on lug site, www.dcglug.org.uk under meetings.

visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug

--- Begin Message ---
On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 18:41 +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> a few questions
>
> 1. Is there a mailing list similar to this for theingots, as I would
> like to join that one too,

used. We do have forums on the web site at

http://www.theingots.org/community/forum

Just make an account. At the moment some of the students have made a
start but I think the assessors are not yet up to speed.

> 2.  there are a few people on the DCGLUG list asking about courses in
> ubuntu (and variants) so Just wondered if there was anywhere in the
> devon / cornwall region that can help them.

We did have an enquiry from a school in Penzance. This is an Apple
distinguished educator so not sure of their Ubuntu credentials but if
they become an INGOT academy they could run INGOT courses and Ubuntu
installations and live discs etc are in the Moodle course I did to
support Gold Unit 1. I'm also due to run a course at a special school in
Torquay in a couple of weeks and Bodmin College were also interested.

Ian
--
New QCA Accredited IT Qualifications
www.theINGOTs.org