Re: [LUG] Moving to new ISP

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 17:15:49 +0100
Neil Winchurst <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If I decide to move to another ISP for my broadband service, will I
> need to make any changes to my router? Or will it automatically find
> the new ISP once set up?

The router will have to try to connect to the new servers so it will
need a new username and password for authentication. If you have a
static IP then, naturally, that will also change.

Don't expect the changeover to be smooth or short - you could be
without any form of internet connectivity for several days. Arrange a
dial-up connection with an existing ISP account if necessary.

--

Neil Williams