Re: [LUG] Long-distance printing

James Fidell wrote:
> I don't want a separate printer and scanner as space is limited, but if
> there's a reasonably-priced network-attached printer/scanner/copier, I'd
> go for that.
>
> Any recommendations?

I have brother DCP-340CW (uses the same drivers as the other DCP and the
MCF mentioned by others). It's great, but if you are going to fill the
cartridges yourself I wouldn't do it more than once or twice (if at
all)- it's too easy to get air in the system and the print head doesn't
like it. We've had 2 go because if it. Replacement print heads are more
expensive than the printer itself, but if you buy broken printers off
ebay and take the heads out of them then it's not so bad.

Network scanning and printing work well with Linux (though Brother has
made a bit of a mess of the setup- it's fine if you use RPMs or DEBs,
but if you have to take them apart it's not nice. I keep meaning to
build all the drivers and submit them to CUPS and SANE so we don't have
to download them from Brother).