Re: [LUG] Annual Budgets: Freedom of Information Act

On Friday 12 October 2007 23:14, tom wrote:
> Henry Bremridge wrote:
.
.
.
> Its funny that there is no mention of the encryption standards used on
> the expensive DIS (black) boxes that will be a compulsory purchase by
> all government agencies. That maybe because to my best knowledge they
> are not using any .... because its all going to be transmitted over
> "secured" lines.
>
> Given the trend for local government to seek "out sourcing" partners to
> act as service providers, the number of "agencies" will proliferate
> exponentially ... all needing their own DIS box to do the "business" of
> government.
>
> I will leave your own imaginations to work out what sensitive bits of
> your information will be banded around this "secure network" in "plain
> text".
What really gets me is that people can actually con the people who spend our
money to re-engineer what will basically be parts of the internet at greatly
increased expense without any of the benefits of the internet.
Its a new law of massively diminishing returns!
Tom te tom te tom