Re: [LUG] O/S Mapping Software

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 11:09 -0700, Viv Griffin wrote:
> I have recently been on a map reading course and would like to buy
> some O/S mapping software (Memory Map is one example -
> http://www.memory-map.com/) for plotting routes and creating custom
> route maps. However, I can't find any software that will run under
> Linux.

Hi Viv

Can not be much help really as one of the few reasons I keep Windows is
for my memory map and GPS.  However GPS Drive http://www.gpsdrive.de/
works with the GPS and I suppose it is just a matter of "hacking" the
memory map files so that GPS drive can read them.

I think!

(I have had a quick try and failed, however it is a project I will try
again).

Peter