Re: [LUG] Plymouth Meeting

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Neil Williams
Sent: 02 October 2007 21:55
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] Plymouth Meeting

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 20:22:40 +0100
moeFinley <moefinley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Count me in.
>
> Why is a venue a problem, any nice pub will do?  I recommend the Britannia

> at the bottom of Milehouse near Central Park.  It's big enough for a large

> number of people and it has WiFi for anyone bringing a laptop.

Usually there is a charge for connecting to a WiFi access point in a
commercial premises - any idea how much? I thought the Brit was a bit
of a noisy place?

If you would like a meeting there, go ahead - book it with the venue
(if necessary), the LUG funds can be used where appropriate (if Simon
or I cannot attend, we'll reimburse you at whichever meeting we next
meet) and just put up the usual notices on the website via the Members
Area and Wiki.

We have had meetings in pubs before - it depends what you want from the
meeting. Problem-solving meetings need an internet connection and to be
able to hear each other. Social meetings generally don't bother with
laptops or internet connections and therefore a noisier venue is less
of an issue.

I don't think anyone minds what meetings we have as long as there is a
wide variety of locations and sufficient interest.

BTW. this is not off-topic. Anything to do with LUG meetings is very
definitely on-topic. The LUG needs to encourage meetings at all levels
and of all types - it is the weakest part of the overall LUG and has
been for some time, for geographical reasons mainly.

--

Well I was just thinking of an informal social drink & chat.
The Brittania is an idea actually. The difference made by the smoking ban

Ray