Re: [LUG] OT: NGN

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 08:05:49AM +0100, Tom Potts wrote:
> On Sunday 30 September 2007 21:25, Ben Goodger wrote:
> > On 30/09/2007, Neil Stone <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Yes I will probably get told off for this but what the hell..
> > >
> > > http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/NGN-use-by-GPs/
> > >
> > > Petition to have doctors surgeries NOT use NGNs
> > >
> > > Please sign up if you agree...
> >
> > Hell yes!
> Can anyone remember where you can download the form to ask your doctor not to
> allow your data on the central database?

I cannot find the site but I did find the following

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1963222,00.html

Patients who have complained about the idea of having their confidential medical
records uploaded on a new centralised NHS database were sent letters over the
weekend flatly rejecting their concerns.

In an uncompromising statement, the Department of Health said nobody could have
genuine grounds for claiming "substantial and unwarranted distress" as a result of
having their intimate medical details included on a national computer system, known
as the Spine.

End Quote

--
Henry