Re: [LUG] Sue Microsoft!!

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 12:40:12PM +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
> Quoting Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > I have just heard there is a US legal firm setting up a class action against
> > BA and Virgin for price fixing. They've already been convicted so they're
> > going for compensation for the victims.
> > Methinks it might be an interesting idea to get them (or someone else) to do
> > the same for microsoft!
> > Tom te tom te tom
> >

> I can't remember where but someone was talking about a class action
> law suit against Microsoft because of their software not being up to
> scratch (I think the arguement was they are selling something that
> isn't fit for the purpose).

All the free software licences I have ever seen include a disclaimer of
fitness for purpose; I'd be very surprised if Microsoft's EULA didn't, in
which case you can't sue them because their product isn't fit for a
particular purpose, because they warned you that it might not be, and you
had to accept this to install/use the software.

--
Benjamin A'Lee <bma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://subvert.org.uk/~bma/