[LUG] questions from the press

Dear all

Having suggested that members be willing to be approached by the press
concern and some reticence. If I am approached I would like to be able
to refer questions in the large number of areas I am not competent to
answer to members of the list. This means, ideally, that you would
confirm you would be willing to respond in your own areas of expertise.

Where members of the team attending the event are approached, I have
been asked for guidance on what not to say, if they are asked about
other than personal experience of using Linux and personal reasons for
this choice e.g. concepts like free / proprietary  software, open /
closed source etc.; another was legality issues concerning some of the
newer distros that can play MP3's / DVD's "out of the box" whereas the
user has to install the necessary software to do this on others.

I am sure we'll be asked about small business use, use in large
organisations, education and so on. In my case, I would simply ask for
time and refer to the List and invite someone to respond on specific
issues raised. Volunteers in advance would make this process easier. In
the longer term, publicity for events like this, which I hope will
happen all over our two counties, will be served by a list of
volunteers, perhaps on a web page of contacts.

What say you all?
--
James Kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk