[LUG] Microsoft and EU

I quote

"Sept. 18, 2007  -- EU Competition Commissioner Neelie Kroes warned Microsoft on
Sept. 17 that she expected it to cut its dominant market share to comply with a 2004
European Commission anti-trust ruling. "When we observe a situation where one
producer has a share of 95% of the market, it's a monopoly. It's not just a
monopoly-like situation," she said.

"You can't say 50% would be right," she said, but added that the Commission, the
EU's top competition regulator, expects from Microsoft "a significant drop in market
share."

Her comments came hours after the European Court of First Instance, Europe's
second-highest court, upheld most of the European Commission's ruling against
Microsoft, including a record fine of $690 million. The court confirmed that
Microsoft had used its massive share in operating systems in personal computers to
crush rivals in other linked markets.

Copyright Agence France-Presse, 2007"

I think this must have been taken out of context

--
Henry
Tue Sep 18 18:47:13 BST 2007