[LUG] xorg.conf finally cleaned up!

http://gravityboy.livejournal.com/37562.html

"Now that this is uploaded, I'll be ripping out large parts of the
xorg.conf generation script. All the various improvements over the past
few releases have made it possible to do this, and for lenny, if all
goes according to plan, we won't have to generate a xorg.conf for
installs at all. You can still use one (and many people will want one
to customize their settings in some way) but for the most part people
shouldn't have to bother with them."

Oh joy - the days of installing and then spending *days* tweaking
xf86config and the subsequent replacements just to get something
displaying in X - gone at last. Sensible defaults and leave the rest to
those who really want to tweak. Gotta be the way to go.

--

Neil Williams