Re: [LUG] Dont buy from PC World

Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> Looking through the comments on Slashdot, some people have been
> sending e-mails to the PCWorld customer service with a link to the
> story and suggesting they'll no longer buy from them...
>
> customer.services@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Just in case anyone else felt the same :D
>
> Jon

I would agree his statutory rights are being infringed.  'Unfair
contract terms' comes to mind.  The only thing I would say is that I
bought my laptop a couple of years ago from PC World and having asked
*before* purchase I was advised they would not accept it back for repair
without the original OS installed.

Yes it *is* BS, however if it's in the small print of the warranty they
may want to make a fight of it.  In that case the best defence is the
huge bad publicity angle.  Plus of course the common sense of everyone
else in the IT industry.

Kind regards,

Julian