Re: [LUG] OT: McAfee

Simon Williams wrote:

> McAfee? *shiver*. Don't. It's horrible. It's the buggiest, slowest, most
> bloated, self-inflating piece of "software" I have ever had the
> misfortune to use.

Steer clear of Norton then, it's even worse.

> For your antivirus- get avast (also called AVG),

No.

Avast is Avast (www.avast.com)
AVG is AVG (free.grisoft.com)

You don't need to register for AVG. I use it with reasonable success on
several windows machines, and clamav with sanesecurities sigs on the
email gateway (with sa-exim, exim4, procmail, spamasassin and fuzzyocr)
which keeps out pretty much all non user-requested viruses and the
majority of the spam (including the pdf stuff).

Switching your Win users away from Outlook and IE onto Thunderbird and
Firefox *significantly* reduces the chances of infection too. IME they
really don't notice anyway.

--
Simon Avery