Re: [LUG] M$ buying votes - what a surprise

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 09:31:18 +0100
Neil Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Several irregularities have been reported in the ISO process. These
> include purchasing of votes in Sweden, admitted by Microsoft;

Good to see all that loot from the Vista licences is finding its way
into the (back) hands of corrupt minions in European countries . .
:-(

Nice of M$ to admit it - kind of leaves one wondering if they admitted
to that one to take the pressure of all the others. They would only
admit to it when they were sure nobody would prosecute anyway. Restores
your faith in democracy doesn't it!

What was all that fuss about dictatorships being corrupt and the US
being a democratic model for a free state?

What's the difference between a monopolist and a dictator? Dictators
ignore voters, monopolists just buy them off.

Maybe M$ should adopt the Jolly Roger for the logo of Vista SP2.

> rejection of Microsoft's competitors in Portugal because of lack of
> chairs;

? hopscotch anyone ? That is kindergarten behaviour.

'My dad has more lawyers than your dad.'

> hijacking of standardisation committees in many countries,
> including USA, Italy, Colombia and Mexico; manipulations of the vote
> process by presidencies in Switzerland and Uruguay; replacement of an
> insufficiently Microsoft-friendly technical committee by a "more
> agreeable" one in Poland;

? Pelican Brief ?

Blatant corruption - where's Eliot Ness when we need him?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliot_Ness

> Benjamin Henrion, leader of the FFII NoOOXML.org campaign, comments:
> "The OOXML proposal is so poor that if anyone else had submitted it
> they would have been laughed at. I don't understand why the ISO
> secretariat has not already put it in the waste basket. The
> continuation of the process means more scandals hurting the public
> image of ISO."

ISO = international swindlers office

Please support the FFII - we need more people involved in these
backroom "discussions" who can throw some daylight into some very dark
corners of the EU and US administrations.

--

Neil Williams