Re: [LUG] DIY supercomputer

Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi Tom
>
> On 31/08/2007, Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> http://www.calvin.edu/news/releases/2007-08/microwulf.htm
>> I want one!
>> Tom te tom te tom
>>
> Surely this is totally possible. I have just been offered 20 odd
> 750mhz computers. Isn't it possible to link them together in a similar
> fashion to test whether this is possible. Ok we'll need a big room but
> I'm game!
>
> What's a good date for you? Or anyone else?

Before we embark on this project I would just like to know 2 things :-

1. Does anyone know what the environmental impact is of having 20 750Mhz
machines running continually and contiguously ?

(Presume that the owner is aware that his/her electricity bill is going
to go through the roof ?)

2. What we going to do with the beast once we have constructed it ?

Of course if the answer to 2 is purely academic curiosity ..... I can
bring my camcorder ;-)

Tom.