Re: [LUG] OT - conspiracy theories - was facebook group

Hi Julian,

thanks for you interest :)

On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 18:07 +0100, Julian Hall wrote:
> Ralph Smithen wrote:
> > o rly?!
> >
> I think Tom is referring to the specific construction methodology for
> the WTC which IIRC had a single solid spine up the middle.  From memory
> the documentary I saw said that the burning jet fuel simply melted that
> spine enough the the floors simply fell inward.

If the documentary you saw said that burning jet fuel melted the
structural steel (a physical impossibility), then it contradicted the
official story, which claims the frame was "weakened" by the fire.  The
towers did have sturdy cores - there is no accounting for why they did
not remain after the floors detached and fell in the "pancake theory".
It also seems completely impossible that they should fall at very nearly
free-fall speed, as seen in available footage.  What can move all that
mass out of the way?  Why was everything completely pulverised, rather
than a crushed stack of floors sitting at the foot of the remaining
core?

Some blueprints are available.
http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/evidence/blueprints.html

The official narrative can not explain the pools of molten metal seen in
the basements of the three WTC buildings after their collapse.  Thermite
- or rather thermate, as Prof. Stephen Jones' experiments indicate, a
patented form of thermite used in demolition - can.  This is also
consistent with the pyroclastic flow of the dust cloud - a phenomenon
seen only where intense heat is present, like a volcano.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_E._Jones

> I'm not an engineer so I'm not about to go into the feasibility of
> that.

I've only worked as a microwave engineer, designing components for radar
systems and telecommunication equipment, but I know a little about
material properties and mechanics thanks to my physics training.  I have
no expert knowledge of structural engineering.  Thankfully, lots of
people smarter than me have posted their research on the interweb :)

> All I will say is that it sounds a lot more feasible than a
> building with a shedload of steel crossbeams on every floor which would
> require the careful placement you mentioned.

There were many evacuations before 9-11 due to security drills.  That
all seemed very dodgy, but I can't remember the details and I have to go
to a BBQ so you'll have to wait for links.  These evacuations presented
ample opportunity for black ops to place the explosives.

> Also older buildings were
> not always built to the symmetrical designs of today so the chance are
> if you blow one of *them* up it will fall to one side.  If however you
> place an explosive at the central weak point of a symmetrical building,
> chances are the equal weight upon it from every direction will cause it
> to fall inward.

I don't think you're correct there.  Symmetrical collapse is not the
norm.

This is why I initially mentioned WTC7 (which was not hit by a plane).
Why did it fall, and so neatly as well?

> Again though I'm not an engineer, that just seems logical.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian

Kinder egg softs,
Ralph.