Re: [LUG] Defrag

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 16:30:17 +0100
christopher.berry1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello christopher.berry1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

> I've been messing about with apps, progs and such like for the past
> few weeks and in 'the bad old days' I would have defragged the HD!
> Can I do it now? If so, what with? Thanks in advance!

You don't say what file system you're using, but if it's ext2/3 it's
unlikely defragging will be of benefit, since the FS has built in
measures to avoid fragging.

See http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Filesystems/defrag.html which gives more
details, and links to other reference works.

--
 Regards  _

I must be hallucinating, watching angels celebrating
There Must Be An Angel (Playing With My Heart) - Eurythmics