Re: [LUG] htaccess regex question

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:57:07 +0100, Martijn
<sweetwatergeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On 8/20/07, Dave Morgan <morgadave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]

>> <embarressed>
>> the problem turned out to be that allowoverride was set to 'none'
>> in my site config, so it was ignoring the .htaccess file :-/
>> </embarressed>
>
>Do you have access to the site config (i.e. the Apache config file)?
>In that case, I would put the contents of the .htaccess file there
>too. (Any HowTo on .htaccess will start by saying that you should
>avoid using .htaccess as much as possible.)

The server is sitting beside me. I tried that originally but
apache refused to start up at all. Once things are stable I might
try again. The .htaccess file method does have the advantage of
not have to restart Apache after every edit, and the web site is
(slowly) being rewritten.

[snip]

>Martijn.

Many thanks for all your help
Dave
(sending from my correct LUG email address this time)
--
http://www.morgad.co.uk/index.html
DP: http://www.pgdp.net   NTP: http://www.pool.ntp.org