Re: [LUG] opencd - education edition

Quoting Mark Jose <kernowyon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Thursday 16 August 2007 09:31, Paul Sutton wrote:
>> This looks interesting too,  open cd education edition,
>>
>> http://www.theopencd.org/education
>>
>> Paul
>>

> I couldn't spot any list of what the cd includes. The list of programs seems
> to link to the standard OpenCD contents. Could be me of course - is there a
> list?

You have to follow the Mininova link provided.

Here's the description...

Finally the first 'proper' release! A fork from the popular
theopencd.org, this software is aimed directly at students aged 10-21+
giving the necessary tools to help them complete homework/coursework
assignments and succeed in school without the need for rich/generous
parents/guardians to buy them the tools they need, or having to resort
to piracy. This is the first proper release and most of the spelling,
grammar, navigation and layout issues should have been fixed from the
betas. A lot of product pages have been updated with more kid friendly
speech, some graphics have been revamped, and new versions of several
applications are included (see changes below). Please help out by
giving to friends, family, enemies and school teachers. Help make
education accessible for all.

Software includes:

Open Office
Dia - new version!
Scribus
GanttProject
FreeMind
PDF Creator

Firefox - new version!
Thunderbird
Pidgin - new version!
NVU
RSSOwl

GIMP - new version!
Inkscape
Blender
Tuxpaint - new version!

VLC - new version!
Jashaka
Audacity
Infra Recorder - new version!

Nasa Worldwind
GraphCalc
Celestia
Stellarium

and many more....

All software should be used in accordance with its own licence and we
can take no responsibility for what this cd may do to your machines!
Though I doubt that a html cd can do very much.

Please feel free to distribute to friends, family, enemies and school
teachers/technicians.

Everything here runs on the Windows operating system, each program has
different specs, check them out their own websites. Feedback to
openeducationcd (atttter) yahoo (dottter) com Thanks!