Re: [LUG] Off-topic: Astronomy

Lol yep, Perseids.  Should have picked that up myself...

So, given our various geographic issues, a drive is inevitable for all
of us, should we get a star party planned - i'd also guess given the
nature of looking at things only out in the night, so is camping.

I have a site a friend is happy for me to use, with running water
(I'll double check that) and pretty much pitch black skies.  There's a
small wooden shack there too, and I believe a toilet (again, I'll
double check).

It's about 10 miles away from South Molton, Devon.   I'm up for
organising things, and have a "goto" type celestron, 114mm newtonian
and a set of bins I can bring, along with a wooden stand for the
latter.

Given all the above, who is interested in spending a weekend:

a) getting cold standing/sitting outside in the middle of the night.
b) getting cold trying to sleep in their choice of portable habitation.
c) going 'ooo' when they see little white smudges while squinting
through an eyepiece.
d) understanding that the weather will be out to spoil our fun at the
very least in the form of clouds.
e) organising a different site if they know of one that's better.

? :)

Tel.