Re: [LUG] Off-topic: Astronomy

Hehe actually I've been wondering with the advent of "goto" scopes,
whether a VLI was possible using amatuer scopes.  Is there a starting
point somewhere software wise?  Would be nice to be able to write the
software to distribute viewing tasks as client/server to start with.

I'm all set for the Pleiades - and for those that don't know - if you
go out on the 12th, get all wrapped up and maybe take a flask of
coffee and a few friends to huddle up with, find a nice dark site and
sit facing NE, you'll be treated to a nice meteor shower :D  The peak
will be at around 2-3am, and providing the weather <crosses fingers>
is clear should be very pretty.  Even if you're not into astronomy, a
natural display like this is something special.