Re: [LUG] ubuntu/kubuntu boot config

Quoting Michael Mortimore <nospamformike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> > Is there a program to change the boot order choices ?
>> Um... can't you just edit the grub config files?
> surely that would be to change the boot choices order.

I was going to say, I've certainly changed the choices on the grub
boot menu by altering the grub.conf file.  I had an annoying problem
where my work laptop would boot into Ubuntu by default which was great
for when at home but a pain when using the laptop for work.  For some
reason the Save Default option in Grub didn't work.  I can't off the
top of my head remember how I fixed it, I think set it up so the nth
menu option (option 3 on the list I think) was the default.  Saying
that, when I upgraded the kernel the menu items changed so it ended up
booting into an older kernel.

I did do a quick google search just now and found something relating
to Grub Menu Editor.  Looks like the Gnome System Tools is supposed to
have such a thing although I can't say I've found anything relating to
it.

I suppose what would be ideal is being able to either select a default
item (as you can with XP when you go into the system properities or
having some sort of editor which allows you to change the order in the
list and set the default.

Rob

Rob