Re: [LUG] anyone know how to get this into the UK cheap?

On 8/6/07, Michael Mortimore <nospamformike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If it is marked as a warranty replacement or personal gift then there
should be no charge. Do you know anyone who lives there?

I'm a <cough>yank<cough> and will be bringing my family over for two weeks in September.  I will see about picking one up while I am out there then you can reimburse me.  I come from Saint Paul, the city right next to where the bridge just collapsed.

Also, with regards to imports - you do not have to pay duty on any goods marked as "Samples".   So long as it is reasonable in amount, the customs officer should let it through.  Worst case they don't believe it is a sample then you must pay duty.

Kevin