Re: [LUG] nice looking Access type application for linux (and others)

On Thursday 02 August 2007 16:18, Aaron Trevena wrote:
> http://www.kexi-project.org/about.html
>
> Looks nice - I plan to try it out.
>
> A.
>
> --
> http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk
> LAMP System Integration, Development and Hosting

I used Kexi a few weeks back to see if it would be able to take a csv file I
was sent and convert it into a database for the purpose of creating a simple
MySQL powered search page for the data.
It was actually quite user friendly - the first database program in Linux I
have actually found useful - but I admit I have no database skills at all!
I suspect you will be able to do a lot more than I could with it Aaron!
The search page itself took more time to set up (my php skills suck too it
seems!) than creating the database itself. Kexi imported the csv file and the
resulting file could be used in MySQL without further problems.

Mark