Re: [LUG] Burning multiple CDs/DVDs at once

Mike Martin wrote:
> On 01/08/07, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I'm looking at the possibility of building a PC for burning a batch of
>> CDs or DVDs in preparation for the Exeter Hospital Radio fun day and
>> also for the Software Freedom Day.
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to burn an ISO image
>> (say an Ubuntu Live CD image) to multiple drives (say 4 or 5 DVD
>> writers) at the same time?
>>
>> I know it's possible on Windows using Nero although I don't have Nero
>> or a suitable PC running Windows to hand.
>>
>> Ta,
>>
>> Rob
>
> Possible - not sure it would be a great deal faster than doing one at
> a time due to io, and data across pci bus issues

True.  I did eventually find something about running three copies of
cdrecord at once.  It said about enabling burnproof too.

I've got three CD writers to hand so I'll give it a try.  Not an ideal
way of burning CDs (I'd ideally have a duplicator) but its all my
funds/time will cover at the moment.

I did actually also find a really here:
http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/tech/changer.html

Rob