Re: [LUG] ISP's again.

jon.davey2@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Thanks for the replies. I am thinking about ukfsn, they sound good but what
> about that orange deal they're advertising now; sign up for broadband and
> get a free laptop ! That sounds too good to be true. I have heard that you
> have to sign up for a 24 month contract which might be a bind but as long
> as they deliver....Does nayone know about this deal ?....
> cheers,
> Jon Davey.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/editorial/freelaptop?camp_id=p3trial_google_press_wk12_free_laptop

http://www.webuser.co.uk/news/130316.html?aff=rss

In brief, pick a laptop and get a voucher.. sign up to Orange and take
the contract and voucher back to PC World and pick up the laptop.

You either pick one of their choices *or* get £350 off any laptop in
store.  Hmm.. reading the second one, you can only pick a better laptop
if you agree to a higher tariff with Orange.... not so good.  They're
making sure they get more money out of you than the cost of the laptop -
obvious really or they'd be out of business.

Also it IS a 24 month contract which comes out at £300 for the period
for the cheapest £14.99 tariff (couple of months half price).  If the
service is good that wouldn't be a problem, but without knowing, is 2
years too much of a gamble?

Kind regards,

Julian