Re: [LUG] Which Distro?!

On Monday 30 July 2007 18:55, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I know many people consider this to be a personal choice, but I'd like
> to hear people's opinions!
I've got a laptop that came with suse9.2 configured and still has - almost
everything I want works on it - not VLC tho. But as it works I'm going to
leave it as is until I NEED to upgrade.
I've got a 64 bit with suse 10.1 on and cannot complain about it at all* -
there were some comments about slowness in the earlier post - that may be due
to the sheer volume of applications loaded as I've loaded everything and the
kitchen sink on this and its a bit slow on adding/upgrading software  but
runs like the wind when not doing that.
* I cant get UserDir working on Apache on this one but thats probably me...
I've just stuck Kubuntu onto a w2k machine and the install went fine but it
wouldn't boot into Kubuntu for a week or so but now does  (!!!!) and I would
have to recommend it as its seems to be very user friendly.
Want to try DSL/Puppy etc on a reasonably up to date machine to find out if
limited systems run as fast as they used to before they got bloated..
Tom te tom te tom