Re: [LUG] Mass editing text files?

> I got a bit of a shock finding that there is so little DOM processing stuff
> server side!
> I wrote a web site tidier upper using MS.NET and IE plugin for a job I had -
> give it a site URL and it would go over the whole site and find errors of all
> kinds  and even run TIDY to generate a cleaned up version, stuck it on
> sourceforge ..
> And Nobody Came!

Lol, before your time perhaps :p

In the end I've got it to work using a shell script, in case any body
is interested:

#!/bin/sh

for i in `find */*.shtml` ; do
        cat $i | sed -e '/<head>/a\ <!--#include
virtual=\"http:\/\/www.cis.org.uk\/includes\/google.html\" -->' >
tmp.txt
        cat tmp.txt > $i
        rm tmp.txt
done

Worked recursively too so it did exactly what I needed :D

Thanks for all the help!

Jon