[LUG] LVM and mirroring

I have an LVM2 partition set up as a RAID1 mirror (I'm doing this using
LVM rather than MD because it's part of a cluster and I need the
filesystem layer to be cluster-aware).

As part of my testing I want to be able to knock out half of the mirror
make sure everything carries on working and then rebuild the mirror
using a clean disk (simulate a disk failure, effectively).

My google-foo is weak today however and I can't find any information on
recovering degraded LVM logical volumes.  Can anyone point me in the
right direction?

James