[LUG] Exeter Meeting and Dorset LUG Re: mail

clareshepherd37@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Is anyone there? I've just been on holiday and wondered what was going on.

It has been rather quiet recently. Sometimes the list seems to go quiet,
presumably it is because Free Software is so easy to use these days. Or
possibly everyone went to GUADEC?

I tend to assume other members have a life outside of computing (unlike
me), rather than that none of the members have bothered adding the lists
submission address to their address books, so can't post even if they
want to.

Was discussing doing a big meeting at Exeter, with guest speakers and
the like, similar to the meetings we had at the University back when I
was working for myself. Will try to sort a possible venue out, as I
can't see many folks objecting. Volunteers always welcome.

Also dropped a note to the Dorset LUG master, to see if they were
interested in a social meeting in East Devon/ the west of Dorset. I
appreciate that for some in Plymouth, and Cornwall, East Devon is a LONG
way away, but if folks nearer East Devon want to shout out their
interest. I was thinking something that involved fresh air, and cliff
walking, followed by a pub, assuming we ever get something resembling
summer (again) this year.....

Don't forget Thursday!
http://www.dclug.org.uk/linux_uk/events.php

 Simon