Re: [LUG] Getting sadder - book suggestions?

On 19/07/07, Martijn <sweetwatergeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Perl
> When it comes to computer books, I always go for O'Reilly. They do
> explain things well, it's usually helpful if you a not a complete
> "dummy" (which you aren't), especially because they're written in a
> rather geeky way. I find them quite amusing to read.
>
> "Learning Perl", for example, is a pretty good introduction to Perl.
> Make sure to always check the contents of the book before you buy it
> (oreilly.com has the contents of each book). They have published many
> "in a nutshell" books too, not always called "in a nutshell", where
> three fourth of the book is an overview of available functions,
> packages, etc. Useful, but not what you're looking for, probably.

I just got Higher Order Perl (addison wesley I think) and got Object
Oriented Perl by DCONWAY (manning) - Advanced Perl 2nd edition is
quite cool (I got my copy free from simon at his celebratory drink
after it was published in the Pillars of Hercules in Soho (behind the
legendary Foyles bookshop), also I get a namecheck for a module I
started and never finished but had the great name of Class::PINT)

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk