Re: [LUG] Getting sadder - book suggestions?

Tom Potts wrote:
> Being a farmer I need something to read while this country washes slowly (?)
> into the sea.
> Being sad I thought I might order a copy of the new Potter book.
> Being even sadder I can avoid postage if I order another few quids worth of
> books.
> Any suggestions for books that take you from a-z (I've got a proper degree and
> have programmed for 2**5 years but like to be spoon fed the basics [of that
> particular subject] before taking over the world <evil laughter off>..)
> on:
> Eclipse
> Perl
> PHP
> Ruby on Rails
> Mysql (in clustering)
> Something on Linux clustering...
>
> And on an equally sad note does anyone have a vhs copy of the last dr who
> episode (or better still ogg!)
> Tom te tom te tom

*Agile Web Development with Rails 2Rev Ed edition* *(Pragmatic
Programmers)* is pretty straight forward

as is

*Beginning Rails: From Novice to Professional (Beginning: From Novice to
Professional)*

and

*Beginning Ruby on Rails E-commerce: From Novice to Professional (Rails)
(both Apress)

*I have all of the RoR books available on Amazon- pretty much all the
one published I think (well at least up until the beginning of July) and
these 3 are fine by me but then it's all down to what works for you.

Dave