Re: [LUG] Spam increase

On Thursday 19 July 2007 00:13, Michael Mortimore wrote:
> I've been getting a load with pdf attachments. is there some exploit
> in acrobat they're trying to use?

I think they're simply trying to get around spam checkers which check
attachments by using formats they don't support.

For these stock market spams they were initially using images, but
spamassassin does a good good of detecting spam in images if you have the
FuzzyOCR plugin. I'll have to see whether spamassassin can be made to support
PDF...

Regards,
David/

--