Re: [LUG] 175 days left....PD Films

On Tuesday 17 July 2007 08:06, Tom Potts wrote:
> I'm trying to download a Buster Keaton movie from
> http://www.publicdomaintorrents.com/nshowmovie.html?movieid=90
> the bittorrent download says it will take 175 days!!!!!!
> The google flash player works fine - does anyone know how to save the flash
> content so I can keep it on disk?
> Tom te tom te tom

Depending on the format, then yes.
You probably need to grab the video itself with something like videodownloader
or some other Firefox plugin. That will save it as a .flv probably.
Then, once you have the stream saved, you can convert it to a more useful
format with ffmpeg.

ffmpeg -i /home/user/film.flv -ab 64 -ar 44100 -b 500 -s 480x384 film.mpg

You can of course fiddle with the above - you may wish to have a larger
resolution for instance, but many flash movies have terrible quality when
enlarged.

That works for youtube videos, so I should imagine the same would work for
Googles version.

Mark