Re: [LUG] GNU/Linux for beginners session, BBQ

On Sun, 2007-07-08 at 20:36 +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:

> It would seem any summer BBQ would be an ideal opportunity to thrash out
> any ideas for this.  I can bring my gb direct folder with me,  that has
> some training materials that look at the basics  of Linux and the
> console / command line.

For an event or course for people who have made a start, or are being
taken through basics through an ongoing course, the latter would be
fine. It depends on what your aim is. To create materials for a teacher
is one thing, to set up a beginner's session is another. For my
purposes, I reckon links to the best, clearest, basic information which
requires customers to research themselves would be good. The links I
gave include very clear expositions which I'd appreciate your opinions
on.

I will do my best to get to a BBQ but it might be too far for me, given
my home roles.

james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk