Re: [LUG] Microsoft pushing OpenXML

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 13:48:16 +0100
Mark Jose <kernowyon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Mark,

> proprietary. I receive a number of emails from a wide range of people
> who attach .doc files or excel spreadsheets - despite being informed
> that I prefer open formats.

Same experience here.  Most people seem to adopt an expression akin to
a lavatory[0] when I tell them about document formats preferable to M$
proprietary ones.  They simply (d|w)on't get it.

I, in common with other here, have also had things rejected because
they weren't in .doc format.  This, despite the inherent insecurity
of .docs, anyway (macros for example).

[0] That is to say; vacant.

--
 Regards  _