Re: [LUG] start of a series of articles on linux sound

On Saturday 30 June 2007 23:48, Rob Beard wrote:
> Tom Potts wrote:
> > http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000244
> >
> > Tom te tom te tom
>
> Thats interesting.  I know a few people who are interested in audio on a
> professional level (radio broadcasting, audio production) who would
> probably be interested in having a play with Ubuntu Studio and other
> such things (64Studio and Rivendell on SUSE).
>
> I had a play with Ubuntu Studio the other day, not knowing jack about
> Jack I gave up.  With this article I may try and re-visit things when I
> have time.

I've been playing with NoteEdit - which has got a MusixXML output option. The
idea being to encourage its use for public domaining all out of copyright
scores - this is after looking for the sheet music for a nursery rhyme and
being asked for £3 for a pdf. Makes learning music easier - type in the score
and play along!
RoseGarden looks good as a 'sequencer' and with RTSynth you can replace a few
thousand quids worth of hardware.
Theres a wealth of audio stuff for linux out there and you really can have  a
band in a box.
RT signal processing is something I'd like to get into:
Heres an article on a device which can take your guitar playing and use it to
generate harmonies for your voice and make almost anyone sound good.
Not the spice girls alas.....
Tom te tom te tom