Re: [LUG] What should I go for?

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to install the latest version of Ubuntu...

I've downloaded the ISO Image and check it using the MD5 check sum - all ok.

I've burnt a CD... And have managed to boot from it...

I've got to the installer... however this seems to be as far as I can get!

When I select the install option I get a "loading kernel" loading bar graphic, then all I get is a black screen. Is this normal? I imagined it would show a graphical Xwin based installer or\ something similar.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I'll try burning another CD.

Regards

Jody Salt

Simon Robert <simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
also PClinuxOS is a live CD, and is the distro I currently favour and
reckon is really good. It's come from nowhere to number 1 in the
distrowatch chart, for whatever that's worth, in the last couple of
months. Worth a look at perhaps...

--
Simon Robert
www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk