[LUG] Gnucash problems :(

We seem to have a few gnucash users on the list, so here goes...

I have a large-ish qif file that I'm trying to import to initialize
gnucash (it's about 100MB, from m$money).  When I read in the file
and accept all the accouts etc. to be created, gnucash then flags
up a large number of possible duplicate transactions.

What I don't understand is why it does this, when there are clearly
no duplicate transactions in the qif file -- every one I looked at
exists only once in the qif file.

This is with the gnucash-2.0.5-3.fc7.i386 RPM on Fedora 7.

Can anyone explain this?

James