[LUG] a nice question

Hello again.

Me again, with a Linux command line question. Is there a way to invoke
the renice command directly when starting a process? I mean: right now
I enter
  heavy_and_not_urgent_script.pl
then run ps to find that its PID is 12345 and then I run
  renice 20 12345
to make the script run 'in the background' (i.e. only use resources
that would be unused otherwise).

I want to do all this in one line, in particular as I might want to
run the script from a cron job.

(I could run a second script that grabs that data from the output of
ps, finds the PID and then renices the process, but that is a bit of a
pain and, since the process might just identify itself as 'perl', it
is not guaranteed to work.)

Thanks.

Martijn.