[LUG] Fonts and X server / Open office

Hi all.

Can anyone throw some light on a machine FC6 with openoffice 2.0.4

I have (I thought) installed a set of Fonts for the system in
/usr/share/X11/fonts/TTF  which when I open Writer they are all Listed but the
preview is no showing and the Fonts just display ( and print) all the same!

the output from
> # xset -q
> Keyboard Control:
>   auto repeat:  on    key click percent:  0    LED mask:  00000002
>   auto repeat delay:  500    repeat rate:  30
>   auto repeating keys:  00ffffffdffffbbf
>                         fadfffdfffdfe5ef
>                         ffffffffffffffff
>                         ffffffffffffffff
>   bell percent:  50    bell pitch:  400    bell duration:  100
> Pointer Control:
>   acceleration:  2/1    threshold:  4
> Screen Saver:
>   prefer blanking:  yes    allow exposures:  yes
>   timeout:  0    cycle:  0
> Colors:
>   default colormap:  0x20    BlackPixel:  0    WhitePixel:  16777215
> Font Path:
>
> /home/kevin/.gnome2/share/cursor-fonts,unix/:7100,built-ins,/home/kevin/.gnome2/share/fonts
> Bug Mode: compatibility mode is disabled
> DPMS (Energy Star):
>   Standby: 0    Suspend: 0    Off: 0
>   DPMS is Enabled
>   Monitor is On
> Font cache:
>   Server does not have the FontCache Extension
> File paths:
>   Config file:  /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>   Modules path: /usr/lib/xorg/modules
>   Log file:     /var/log/Xorg.0.log

I dont know if the FontCache Extension is important?
the output from

> chkfontpath
> /usr/share/X11/fonts/misc:unscaled
> /usr/share/X11/fonts/75dpi:unscaled
> /usr/share/X11/fonts/100dpi:unscaled
> /usr/share/X11/fonts/Type1
> /usr/share/X11/fonts/TTF
> /usr/share/fonts/default/Type1
I have also put the same fonts in

/usr/lib/openoffice.org2.0/share/fonts/truetype but still no joy!

Any Ideas?

Kevin.