Re: [LUG] Open Source Democracy

On Thu, 31 May 2007 21:33:54 +0100
Anton Channing <achanning@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have just posted my first serious blog on my
> new wordpress driven blog site.

Themes are personal things and some people don't like mine but I always
find white on colour much harder to read than colour on white. I also
always prefer sans-serif for long pieces of text. Thankfully iceweasel
and the developer extension allow me to disable the page colours and
tweak the css. :-)

(I also provide a "theme" dropdown so that if people really don't like
my theme they can pick another one. IIRC a cookie is used to use the
setting in future, if you are in the habit of not deleting cookies.)

> http://serpent.antonchanning.com/blog/open-source-democracy/
>
> I hope some of you are interested and leave some
> constructive feedback! :)

Mine can be summed up as: code churn is generally a bad idea. It's a
granularity issue - don't rotate the packages for no reason, it only
delays fixing the bugs.

--

Neil Williams