Re: [LUG] meeting - thursday

Neil Stone wrote:
> Might it be an idea for a number of people to share mobile numbers "just
> in case" (tm) I'm quite happy to provide my number to anyone if we want
> some form of "ring around" system;

I don't know about other makes but my Nokia allows me to make Call
Groups.  Maybe once everyone has each others' numbers you could make a
DCGLUG group on your phones, so one text tells everyone what's happening.

I'm a Student Rep for the course I am on and have mobiles for the
others, so I can send block texts to 'UNI' - 'Don't forget the hand in
for X is tomorrow' etc.

Say Paul or Neil or whoever is first to arrive at X location finds there
is alternate parking somewhere else near - one text tells everyone.
Also if a meeting has to be cancelled, same thing applies.

Doesn't rely on Person N in the system having their phone switched on
*with credit*.  PAYG can be very unhelpful in those situations.

Kind regards,

Julian