[LUG] nvidia and c compiler environment variable

Hi

I am trying again to install the nvidia driver for my card, under debian

the install program has come up with the message asking me to:-

Set CC environmet variable to the name of the compiler used to compile
your kernel

1. i  have no idea how to do this
2. I have no idea what what used to compile my kernel,  its one that
came with kanotix, (I am still struggling to figure out how to actually
move my kernel over to a proper debian kernel)

how do i fix this,  or how do I install a new kernel using apt-get
install package name

i am pretty much using a 2.6.15-kanotix-6 kernel,  but I just want a
normal 2.6.15 debian kernel.

thanks

Paul

--
Events

Linuxbierwanderung - Torbay Mini Linux Beer Hike
28th / 29th July 2007
http://www.linuxbierwanderung.org/
Follow torbay mini LBW link.

http://www.openoffice.org