Re: [LUG] Data centres - money mouth etc

Kai Hendry wrote:
> On 2007-05-26T20:29+0100 Ben Goodger wrote:
>
>> To make something like this useful, it needs to be accessible, close to
>> large businesses, and near population centres... i.e. not in Cornwall.
>>

> Why large business? A colo facility to put *our* services in. It should
> be cheap too.
>
> I also really don't understand why it has to be in a city. It just needs
> to be local for *us*.
If George Lucas could make movies successfully back in the late 70s in
San Francisco and stay away from Hollywood, I'm sure 30 years later with
much faster and easier communications that the location of a datacentre
isn't critical to its' operation.  The only limiting factor is the
ability of staff to travel to it - and even that with remote
administration doesn't need to be overly restrictive.

Kind regards,

Julian