Re: [LUG] Ubuntu Fiesty Fawn

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jaan Jänesmäe
Sent: 18 May 2007 01:47
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] Ubuntu Fiesty Fawn

hi. the only downside to the new distro is that it does not like older
computers

It seemed OK on a 400mhz AMD with 196mb ram and a 16mb voodoo card that I
had to use temporarily a couple of weeks ago.
Not very quick admittedly but did the job.
No problem with the creative 16bit card either. This is about 10years old.
Ran quicker than win xp that I tried as a test install which too about 2
hours to install and set up.
Fiesty about 40 mins.
I added a usb pci card to use my palm with it and wireless mouse and hey
presto !

Ray