Re: [LUG] antique CD players

A bit late in reply. I had/have this problem with old CD readers
However problem exists as your self burnt discs are dye based (opaque
dye layer represents top of land  versus base of pit in depth pressed
CDs) , Commercial CDs are depth pit engraved/pressed.

When problem arises, I test  CD reader with a commercial press of
Knoppix (from a German mag distribution - if that works, then I know it
is a dye problem)

Regards
Eion MacDonald (eionmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
  Tel. +44 (0) 1925762873

Unencrypted electronic mail is not secure and may not be authentic. If
you have any doubts as to the contents please telephone to confirm.